st: standardized incidence rate

From   Michael Eisenberg <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: standardized incidence rate
Date   Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:11:13 -0700

I am trying to calculate a standardized incidence rate.

I know the number of observed events and the follow up time which I can
stratify by age.  From publicly available data, I can calculate the number
of expected events (observation time multiplied by the age-adjusted
incidence rate).  With this information, can stata help me calculate the
standardized incidence rate with confidence intervals.  Perhaps an
immediate command?

observed events: 12
fu time: 3120 years
expected events: 4.5