Re: st: Combining multiply imputed datasheets according to Rubin's Rules

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Combining multiply imputed datasheets according to Rubin's Rules
Date   Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:57:42 +0200

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Christoph Kreibich wrote:
> The multiple imputation is done by -ice-. The imputed data are saved in
> one file with indicators for each imputation. My problem here is that I
> want one file with the combined results of the imputed data according to
> Rubin's Rules.

I am not sure what you mean with that.

The result of a imputation model is the dataset as returned by -ice-,
and Rubin's rules apply to estimates not to data, so if we take your
statement literally than what you want cannot be done in any package.

After you have created your multiple imputed dataset you can use -mim-
(type in Stata: -findit mim-) to estimate models and combine the
estimates using Rubin's rules. Maybe that is what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie