st: RE: Cluster standard errors by time and firm

From   "Schaffer, Mark E" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Cluster standard errors by time and firm
Date   Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:00:49 +0100

The cluster-robust covariance estimator is robust to arbitrary
within-cluster (serial) correlation, so it's not clear you need anything
more than that for the VCV and SEs.  But if you tell us more about your
problem and your dataset - e.g., is it a large-N or/and large-T panel,
what version of Stata you're using, what other features your model has -
perhaps someone can offer some other suggestions.

> Thank you,
> Sebastiaan
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

Heriot-Watt University is the Sunday Times
Scottish University of the Year 2011-2012

registered under charity number SC000278.