re: st: 1st & 2nd order autocorrelation panel-data

From   Christopher Baum <kit.baum@bc.edu>
Subject   re: st: 1st & 2nd order autocorrelation panel-data
Date   Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:20:25 -0400

<>
I'm having some difficulty finding a proper solution to the following
problem:

I'm estimating panel-data with fixed-effects, i.e:

xtreg (depvar), fe robust

And I want to obtain coefficients, t-stat and p-values for 1st and 2nd
order autocorrelation.

I've tried xtserial and xtregar, but none of these seems to provide the
statistics I'm after.

I've also learned that there could be some complications arising from
having the lagged dependent variable as regressor (wich I do have, both
1 and 2 lags).

I would highly appreciate tips on syntax available as a solution to this
problem. Please let me know if I have provided insufficient amount of
information.

I answered a similar question this morning. You should not be using fixed effects (LSDV model) with lagged dependent variables. Please see

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/STATALIST/archives/statalist.1206/Date/article-526.html

Kit