Re: st: Re: st: Danish letters æ, ø, å in stata for Mac

From   Christopher Baum <kit.baum@bc.edu>
Subject   Re: st: Re: st: Danish letters æ, ø, å in stata for Mac
Date   Sun, 10 Jun 2012 03:47:34 -0400

<>
On Jun 10, 2012, at 8:33 AM, Nick wrote:

> Look at the documentation on -set charset- (mostly included in that
> for -smcl-) to see if that helps.
>
> Nick
>
> On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Tine Lesner <ti@sam.sdu.dk> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to keep the Danish letters æ, ø and å in stata? The æ, ø and å are replaced with other characters. ø is replaced with ¯ or ÿ, å is replaced with  or ≈, and æ is replaced with Ê. I just got a Mac from my university – never had this problem on PC.

Also see -help whatsnew- entry for 23 May 2012. Before this update, you could -set charset- on Mac OS X, but it did not take proper effect.

Kit