st: Issues re: mi impute

From   "Goin, Dana" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Issues re: mi impute
Date   Thu, 7 Jun 2012 17:26:38 -0400

I want to use -mi impute- but am having difficulties figuring out how to
adapt it to what I need. I'm using Stata 12.1 for Windows.

The dataset I'm using has poor information on family income -- it's
categorical and missing many values, and I need it to be continuous and
complete. I want to use another dataset (that has the same independent
variables as the first dataset, but also has a continuous income variable)
to fit an OLS model. I want to use this model to impute continuous income
on my first dataset, but I can't figure out how to use previous estimation
results for imputation.

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated, thanks!