Re: st: Cmogram, rdob, mccrary

From   "Patrick Button" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Cmogram, rdob, mccrary
Date   Thu, 7 Jun 2012 08:41:41 -0700

1) For rdob: Based on inspection of the code, if the possible
discontinuity is c, the running variable is x, and the bandwidth is h then
it's [x-h,c)[c,x+h]. Here is a piece of the code which suggests this:

quietly count if (`c'-`h1')<=`x' & `x'<`c'
local Nh1n = r(N)
quietly count if `c'<=`x' & `x'<=(`c'+`h1')
local Nh1p = r(N)

So x=c corresponds to the treatment group.

2) For DCdensity, I reached a similar conclusion based on inspection of
the ado file.

--
Patrick Button

Ph.D. Candidate