st: Plotting normal distributions

From   Amal Khanolkar <Amal.Khanolkar@ki.se>
Subject   st: Plotting normal distributions
Date   Thu, 7 Jun 2012 09:02:28 +0000

Hello All,

I would like to plot normal distributions of birth weight by nationality in the same graph for comparison, using different colours.

I wasn't able to figure out how to do this. What I've managed so far is to plot each birth weight distribution separately in small graphs and get it together as one image using the basic histogram command:

hist BW, by (motherland)

I have 19 nationalities. Not sure how many different colours Stata permits  - but maybe a combination of colours and schemes (liked dashed lines) is needed?

Thanks,

/Amal.