st: plot interaction with natural log transformed variable in untransformed units with marginsplot

From   "Steve Rothenberg" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: plot interaction with natural log transformed variable in untransformed units with marginsplot
Date   Wed, 6 Jun 2012 15:03:16 -0500

I've estimated a regression model containing a natural log transformed
continuous variable interacted with a dummy variable.  After using -margins-
and -marginsplot- I can plot the interaction of the log transformed variable
for the categories of the dummy variable.  However, I can't figure out how
to use the -margins-, -marginsplot- combination to show me the continuous
variable in untransformed units on the x-axis, an easier way to see what's
going on in the interaction than plotting on the natural log scale.  The
manual descriptions for the commands caution that only variables used in the
preceding estimation command can be used with the margins suite.

Any suggestions for using the margins commands or other method that would
also produce interaction plots with two natural log transformed continuous
variables would be helpful.

Steve Rothenberg
National Institute of Public Health
Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico