st: xml_tab with Stata 12 and OS X

From   Dorothy Bridges <>
Subject   st: xml_tab with Stata 12 and OS X
Date   Wed, 6 Jun 2012 11:55:56 -0700

Dear all,

When I run the example code from the xml_tab help file:

tabstat price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight length, by(foreign) save
tabstatmat A
matrix TAB=A'
xml_tab TAB, save(TAB.xml) replace

I obtain a file that Excel cannot open.  The Excel error (upon opening
the file) is "Problems came up with the following areas during load:
Unknown, Style."  I recognize that the xml_tab documentation states
that it's not fully supported on Mac; if that's the problem, I would
appreciate suggestions for Mac-friendly alternatives, if that's not
the problem, I'm all ears.

Many thanks --