Re: st: esttab does not produce the correct output, but estout does

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: esttab does not produce the correct output, but estout does
Date   Wed, 6 Jun 2012 09:43:19 +0100

I don't know the answers to this question, but want to emphasise that
nothing makes .txt or .csv files intrinsically Excel files (presumably
you allude to Microsoft Excel). I guess you may intend to look at them
or modify them in Excel but that's your call. Many applications, not
least Stata itself, allow you to examine those files directly, e.g.
with -type-, -view- or -doedit-.

Nick