st: How to extract text from Labels

From   Jörg Eulenberger <>
Subject   st: How to extract text from Labels
Date   Tue, 05 Jun 2012 17:50:21 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

I have a problem with labels.

In my Dataset are single items (binary) from a multiple option question.
The label format of this variables are “[Text1]Text2”. Now I want to
relabel the variables only with the Text in the square brackets (Text1).

Any ideas for a syntax that i can use in a foreach-loop?

Thanks a lot,