st: Count if binomial variable changes

From   Joe Dreyfus <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Count if binomial variable changes
Date   Mon, 04 Jun 2012 20:08:31 +0200

Count if binomial variable changes

I am using panel data and would like to count the number of individuals who have experienced a change in a binomial variable across 10 time periods. I.e. For individual i, at t =1 var =0, at t=2 var = 1. In addition I would like to know the direction of the change. How many individuals moved from 0 to 1, and how many total observations are there? How many moved from 1 to 0, and how many total observations are there?

I am using Stata 12 for Mac

(Yes, I'm a Stata novice…) Thanks in advance!