RE: st: Tab gen names

From   Michael Betz <>
To   "" <>
Subject   RE: st: Tab gen names
Date   Mon, 4 Jun 2012 16:46:09 +0000

That's it perfect. Thanks for your solution too David.

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of daniel klein
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: st: Tab gen names

For an implemented solution see -dummieslab- from (SSC) or -todummy-
(also from SSC).

Hi all,

Is there a way to name the variables created by tabulate generate()
according to the tabulated variable's value labels. I want to create
dummies for each category in the variable "tenure", which takes the

These show up as the newly created variables' labels, but I'd like
them to be the variable names. Any thoughts?