st: st: Interpreting Conditional Marginal effects after Heckman

From   "Clifton Chow" <clifton_chow@post.harvard.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: st: Interpreting Conditional Marginal effects after Heckman
Date   Sat, 02 Jun 2012 10:39:09 -0500

Dear Statalist,

After combing through the archives of the listserv extensively I managed to estimate a log(hourly wage) model with correction for selection and retrieve conditional marginal effects.  I am wondering if I can interpreting the MEs in dollar terms?  As an example, one of my significant conditional ME coefficients from a binary variable called "Engaging in Social Activities" is 0.098.  Could I interpret this as conditioned on those whose wages are observed, for those engaging in social activities, their predicted hourly wage is .09 cents (almost 10 cents) higher than those who do not?

Thanks in advance as usual.
C.