Re: st: RE: merge

From   Nick Sanders <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: merge
Date   Fri, 1 Jun 2012 08:19:49 -0700

Fabian,

As a shot in the dark, do you have any other variables that are common among the two data sets? For example, if data set 1 and 2 both contain a variable called "date" (in addition to the common variables on which you are merging), merging those two data sets will sometimes make your results look odd due to how Stata handles what to do with that variable.

Best,
Nick