RE: st: wildcard in numeric variable

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   RE: st: wildcard in numeric variable
Date   Fri, 1 Jun 2012 15:41:18 +0100

"a*" in this context is not a wildcard. It is a literal string. You need -regexm()- or -strmatch()- for the wildcard interpretation.

tashi lama

I have an example that fails to replace string var using wildcard in expression. I tried this and it fails... Any idea? var1 is string.

replace var1="" if var1=="a*"

0 obs replaced.