st: Create a table of estimation results from several simple regressions

From   Hassan Enayati <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Create a table of estimation results from several simple regressions
Date   Tue, 29 May 2012 13:17:03 -0400

Hello all,

I need to create a table of estimation results, including estimates,
standard errors, and number of observations, from several simple
regressions. The finished table should have the following structure:

Model 1 | Estimate | Std. Error | Num. Obs.
Model 2 | Estimate | Std. Error | Num. Obs.
Model 3 | Estimate | Std. Error | Num. Obs.

At first, I used eststo and then esttab. Unfortunately, I can not get
the esttab output to take the above specified form. The problem with
esttab is that even under the wide option, it tabs over for each
model. Additionally, esttab won't place the number of observations as
the last entry on a given row. The result looks like the following:

M1 | Est | SE |
 Number of Obs
                  M2 | Est | SE | #
                   Number of Obs
                                    M3 | Est | SE | #
                                     Number of Obs

How can I produce a table that looks like the first structure I showed
above? Thanks in advance for the help.

--
Hassan