Re: st: scatter plot with multiple x-labels

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: scatter plot with multiple x-labels
Date   Wed, 23 May 2012 16:02:16 +0100

-devnplot- (SSC) gets you some if not all of the way.

-graph dot- may be the most neglected graph command in official Stata.
Note that it has a -vertical- option (undocumented though that is, I
believe).

That said, it is

1. Very easy to run out of real estate here. Identifiers on three
different levels?

2. Often better to plot identifiers so that they read horizontally.
What may bite here are your patient ids. If they are at all long, they
may not fit at all on the x axis.

Consider

 sysuse auto, clear

 graph dot (asis) mpg if foreign, over(make) over(rep78) nofill

graph dot (asis) mpg if foreign, over(make, label(ang(v))) over(rep78)
nofill vertical

Nick