RE: st: Re: Repeated Measures ANOVA vs. Friedman test

From   Steve <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Re: Repeated Measures ANOVA vs. Friedman test
Date   Tue, 22 May 2012 14:49:01 -0500

Dave, Joesph, Rob and Nick,

Thanks for all your replies.  As you might have gathered, my main
concern was whether the small sample size would be compatible with a
RM ANOVA.  Since this was panel data - and in the past I've used
-xtmixed- for it, I was leaning a bit towards that but was curious
about other analytic possibilities.

Also, Joesph, thanks for the detailed post with the info on the
diagnostic plots.  I had looked at those previously and there weren't
really any major outliers.  If anything the data seemed a bit
uniformly distributed.  However, I think the most important point you
made was the fact that since this is a pilot study, I should stop
fretting about the results and focus on the quality. :)  Incidentally,
using parametric vs non-parametric or even looking at differences
between values vs factoring in time all pretty much gave the same
result with p-values ranging from 0.50 to 0.25

Once again, thanks for all the help, guys.

- Steve