st: accessing value labels into a loop

From   "ricardo mora" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: accessing value labels into a loop
Date   Mon, 21 May 2012 12:44:08 -0600

Hello, I am trying to run a program in which I have to use each specific
label of a pair of variables, and all its combinations together.
Lets say I have variables x1 and x2:
x1 value labels are
1 A
2 B
3 C
and x2 value labels are
1 X
2 Y
3 Z

In an loop I create graphs that should contain both labels combined. This is
the loop that creates de 9 graphs I need:

foreach r of numlist 11 12 13 21 22 23 31 32 33 {
local z1 = int(r/10)
local z2 = 10*((r/10)-int(r/10))
graph {variables} if var==`r', by(variable) title(label for x1:"A, B or C")
xtitle(label for x2:"X, Y or Z")
}

This loop creates 9 graphs and the titles and xtitles I expect should be:
1) A X
2) A Y
3) A Z
4) B X
5) B Y
6) B Z
7) C X
8) C Y
9) C Z

My question is: how can I call each of the labels of x1 and x2 into the
graph sintax in the loop?
Thank you very much for your help,
Ricardo Mora