st: bootstrap for the simultaneous probit model

From   bilge <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: bootstrap for the simultaneous probit model
Date   Sun, 20 May 2012 10:33:10 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,
I am trying to estimate the following simultaneous probit model (model 6 of
chapter 8 in Maddala(1983))  :

(1) Y1* = a*Y2* + b*X1 + e1
(2) Y2* = b*Y1* + c*X2 + e2

where Y1 and Y2 are two endogeneous binary variables; X1 and X2 are two sets
of exogenous variables of Y1 and Y2 respectively; e1 and e2 the error terms.
Y1 and Y2 are endogenously determined by each other.

As far as I know stata does not have a program for this estimation directly
and that the 2-step probit estimation outlined in Maddala is
straightforward. However, the standard errors have to be corrected. A way to
correct the variance-coveriance matrix is by bootstrapping. However, i am
not familiar with this method.
Can anyone guide me in implementing this method?
Also, do I bootstrap in both steps of the probit estimations? Do i change my
coefficients according to bootstrap results?

I will appreciate your help a lot.

Best,

Bilge