RE: st: RE: question on graphing a bar

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: question on graphing a bar
Date   Fri, 18 May 2012 15:47:36 +0100

The problem is trivial then. You just need to produce a dataset that is of the form exemplified in my first post. With three means, and nothing else explained, you could create that interactively.

Also it is easy enough to automate that:

gen means = .
gen label = ""
su non, meanonly
replace label = "non" in 1
replace means = r(mean) in 1
su self, meanonly
replace label = "self" in 2
replace means = r(mean) in 2
su wage, meanonly
replace  label = "wage" in 3
replace means = r(mean) in 3

gen twothree = _n > 1

graph bar (asis) means in 1/3 , over(label) over(twothree) asyvars stack

Jian Zhang

Each bar represents the mean of the variable in the sample.