re: st: testing mediation in quantile regression

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: testing mediation in quantile regression
Date   Fri, 18 May 2012 10:04:44 -0400

Hi Sam,

My question is why? What is your reasoning for using quantile regression?

The R program you reference -mediation- is written by the same folks that
wrote the Stata program -medeff- (findit medeff). In neither program is
quantile regression an option. The R program does allow you to use general
additive models (GAM), as well as ordinal models. The Stata version does not
have those options.

I have not seen any papers (or books) discussing the use of quantile
regression in mediation analysis. So this would suggest to me that unless
you're trying to break new ground here, you may want to reconsider your
choice of models.

Ariel