Re: st: Creating an index

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Creating an index
Date   Sun, 13 May 2012 16:20:40 +0100

I don't understand what you have in mind here. If you have a simple
rule to create an "index", then it should be easy to implement it in
Stata. By the way, it seems to me that all methods of summarizing
several variables by one will only work well to the extent that there
is correlation between variables. So any implication that correlation
is somehow a problem or a limitation is completely backwards.

Nick