Re: st: Propensity Score Matching on Individuals with Multiple Records (Time-Varying Covariates)

From   "Weichle, Thomas" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Propensity Score Matching on Individuals with Multiple Records (Time-Varying Covariates)
Date   Thu, 10 May 2012 14:42:44 -0500

I suppose the matching could be performed without reference to the
time-dependent variables.  However, after the match, I would like to
perform the survival regression including the time-dependent variables.

In contrast, the only work that I was able to come across dealing with
this situation is by Bo Lu (2005), summarizing that it is desirable to
balance the distribution of the covariates at every time point in
observational studies with a time-dependent treatment and time-dependent
covariates.

Lu, B. (2005), Propensity Score Matching with Time-Dependent Covariates.
Biometrics, 61: 721-728.

Tom Weichle
Math Statistician
VA Information Resource Center (VIReC)
Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital, Bldg 18, 202E
708-202-8387 ext. 24261