Re: st: stcox after psmatch2

From   Joerg Luedicke <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stcox after psmatch2
Date   Thu, 10 May 2012 10:04:25 -0700

George, just as a clarifying addition to what Steven and Ariel said:

When doing propensity score matching the goal is to improve
comparability of the groups in terms of balance and overlap, such that
the matched groups are similar _on average_. The actual pairing is
usually being ignored, mainly because the pairing is done by the
analyst and not part of the data generating process or data
collection. Have a look at Chapter 10.3 in:

Gelman, A & Hill J (2007): Data Analysis Using Regression and
Multilevel/Hierarchical Models. New York: CUP.

where this is explained.

J.