re: st: stcox after psmatch2

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: stcox after psmatch2
Date   Thu, 10 May 2012 11:52:29 -0400

I am not sure what problem your facing? -psmatch2 (a user written program
found on ssc) will gives you a field called _nn that tells you who the
matched control is. BTW, you didn't give details of which matching approach
you used or how many controls. If you used more than one matched control per
treated, you'll need the _weight variable as well.

You then run your stcox model on only those patients and their matched
controls (1:1), and if you have 1:k matches, you also include the _weight in
the model...

I hope this helps

Ariel

Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 05:33:22 +0000
From: "George Gunapal Pradeep Paul (NHGHQ)"
<[email protected]>
Subject: st: stcox after psmatch2

Dear all,
I am comparing a group of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
(COPD)patients enrolled in a disease management program and a control group.
I calculated pscore and did psmatch2 using c:\ado\plus\p\psmatch2.ado *!
version 4.0.5 18apr2012 E. Leuven, B. Sianesi. I used psmatch2 to adjust for
their baseline differences and now I would like to do a cox regression on
the matched program patients and controls to see if there is a difference in
time to death between the two groups.

I would like to know how to run stcox after psmatch2 , thereby identifying
the matching sequence for the cox regression. I tried looking for answers
for this but found only one unanswered relevant question which could be
found at http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-11/msg00709.html

Kindly help.

Thank you,

Best regards,