Re: st: copy graph legend

From   Rob Ploutz-Snyder <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: copy graph legend
Date   Wed, 9 May 2012 15:48:43 -0500

I feel your pain Ric... at one point I too was hoping to avoid
learning at least some of the Stata graphing syntax... I suppose if
this is your one-and-only graphing project and you weren't going to
run graphics at some future point, you might save time by avoiding the
syntax.  I have no specific tips for you if that's your goal.

On the other hand, assuming that you will analyze data and present
graphics in the future, I do have a recommendation.  I found Mike
Mitchell's Visual Guide to Stata Graphics  (Stata Press) a great way
to get a head start on Stata graphics code.  Virtually every page of
that book has 3 graphs on it with the code necessary to generate them.
 And it's very well organized with an Subject Index that will quickly
put you on the right page(s).

My only problem with Mike's book is that it has a sneaky way of
disappearing from my bookshelf and ending up one of many colleagues'
desks.  If he can fix that problem on the next edition, I'd probably
invest in another copy.

Good luck!
Rob

Rob