st: -simulate- collecting matrices

From   László Sándor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: -simulate- collecting matrices
Date   Wed, 9 May 2012 14:49:59 -0400

Hi all,

I am trying to run a Monte Carlo with -simulate- where my underlying
code "ereturns" results in matrices. However, simulate does not even
start, probably because the expression in the prefix cannot be a
matrix. I am looking for ways to work around this. I have some hope as
the default (with no exp given) is collecting _b from the runs, which
is also a matrix.

Please let me know how this might work.

The ereturned matrices are generated in the mata lines like this:
st_matrix("e(ate)", taun)

The simulate code should simply go as
simulate e(ate) e(ate_se_unadj) e(ate_se_adj) e(atet) e(atet_se_unadj)
e(atet_se_adj) e(dgp_ate) e(dgp_atet)  e(time), reps(10): mc1e

(This worked with an earlier version of the code when all of these
ereturned were scalars. So it must be the matrices...)

I am grateful for all the help I get on this list --- I opted not to
thank you all the time, to spam you less, but I am grateful. Thanks!

Laszlo