Re: st: another question on the interpretation of rho and atanhrho

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: another question on the interpretation of rho and atanhrho
Date   Tue, 8 May 2012 19:20:43 +0100

I don't think so. Hyperbolic functions are not trigonometric functions!

To a very good approximation tanh x ~ x for small x.

For the Mickey Mouse tutorial, see

SJ-8-3  pr0041  .  Speaking Stata: Corr. with confidence, Fisher's z revisited
        (help corrci, corrcii if installed) . . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
        Q3/08   SJ 8(3):413--439
        reviews Fisher's z transformation and its inverse, the
        hyperbolic tangent, and reviews their use in inference
        with correlations

Nick

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Lachenbruch, Peter
<[email protected]> wrote:

> is it possible that we have a radian vs. degree question here?  I make that blunder all the time.

David Roodman ([email protected]) [[email protected]]