Re: st: which -cmp- option to use for poisson model with count data?

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: which -cmp- option to use for poisson model with count data?
Date   Mon, 7 May 2012 23:44:00 -0400

We may need to give more attention to a sentence in the message that
Laura sent about 12 hours ago: "Consulting another expert can also
depend on what the last one had said."  If such a process is at work,
the data involve a different form of dependence.  It might be
described as clustering of events within individual.  Perhaps Poisson,
with the rate changing within individual.  If what the previous expert
said is in the available data, a model should try to use that
information.

David Hoaglin