Re: st: reclink problem

From   "Jenniffer Solorzano Mosquera" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: reclink problem
Date   Wed, 02 May 2012 18:40:22 +0200

I solved the problem thanks! But the thing now is that there is an error in the command and it says that requires a ")" somewhere:

    - version 8.2
    - syntax varlist (max=1) , gen(str) match(str)
) required

Should I remove some signs from the string names?  The language of the names is swedish but anyway the .dta file make the symbols homogeneus between the two datasets I'm trying to compare (merge) so it shouldn't matter... right?

>>> "Jenniffer Solorzano Mosquera" <[email protected]> 2012-05-02 18:33 >>>
Sorry this is the real query

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to merge 2 databases by name using the reclink command. The only variable I want to match is the name because I don't have anything else in common between the two databases.
I run the following command:

import excel using allfirms2, clear firstrow sheet("Sheet1") cellrange(D2:F33140)
sort Targetname
drop if Targetname==Targetname[_n-1]
g id1=_n
save allfirms2, replace // The big database

import excel using PE_firms_thomson_notfoundyetAmadeus, clear firstrow sheet("no duplicates") cellrange(A1:F910)
rename CompanyName Targetname
sort Targetname
drop if Targetname==Targetname[_n-1]
g id2=_n
save notfoundyetfirms, replace // The companies I need to find in there, but names can be written different

reclink Targetname using allfirms2, gen(myscore) idmaster(id1) idusing(id2)

However for some reason I have an error and it doesn't find id1?? reclink needs to add more variables to find a score or it is enough with only one variable? This is the error:

    - version 7
    - foreach word of local 0 {
    - foreach word of local 0 {
    - if `"`word'"' == "using" {