st: Conformability error following margins command

From   Paul Spin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Conformability error following margins command
Date   Tue, 1 May 2012 12:14:42 -0300

Dear Statalisters,

I am working with Stata11/SE for Windows. I am attempting to estimate partial effects for each covariate of a multinomial logistic regression. Unfortunately I keep running into a conformability error - r(503) - after running the margins command. My data is in a secure location, so I can't show you my log file, but here are the commands I'm trying to run (variables are examples):

--------------------------

svyset [pw=weight], vce(brr) brrweight(wboot*)
xi:svy: mlogit unmetneed i.age i.sex, b(0)

estadd margins, dydx(*) atmeans predict(outcome(1))

The first two lines are executed, but then <estadd margins> results in the conformability error.

I've also tried the following

margins, predict(outcome(1))

margins

only to receive the same error message. Margins works only if I ignore complex survey design (if I exclude the svyset command).

I'm not sure how to solve this problem, so any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks,

Paul *