Re: st: which -cmp- option to use for poisson model with count data?

From   "Laura R." <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: which -cmp- option to use for poisson model with count data?
Date   Tue, 1 May 2012 12:16:51 +0200

@ Stas: I did not know that -gllamm- does a similar thing, I will do
some research on how -gllamm- works and if it is suitable.

@ Austin: In my sample, the number of experts ranges from 0 to 5, and
I want the 0 in the estimation, it is not a missing value. But, using
other samples, the number of experts can be more than 5. So, in
theory, there cannot be less than 0 experts, but more than 5 experts.
This is truncation to the right, I think, because censoring would mean
that it is not fully observed. Hence I would like a -poisson-
estimation. Maybe -oprobit- would work aswell.

If I understand you correctly, by default 0 is treated as missing in
-poisson- (not so in -oprobit-, I think)? So, maybe I can create a new
dependent variable like this:

experts_created=(experts)+1

Then I would not have a experts from 0 to 5, but 1 to 6, and just have
to keep in mind that outcome 1 means 0 experts.

Thank you both.
Laura