RE: st: Parametric survival analysis with competing risks

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Parametric survival analysis with competing risks
Date   Sun, 29 Apr 2012 08:49:55 -0400

Correct -- the results will be biased if you use a naive Kaplan-Meier (censoring out the competing events as you say). Cox or Fine-Gray models are preferable in this case, but not perfect. Happy reading,Cam