Re: st: mata conditional operator element-by-element?

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: mata conditional operator element-by-element?
Date   Sat, 28 Apr 2012 11:10:31 +0100

Mata does not support ? : for arrays.

Ben Jann offers an -mm_cond()- in his -moremata- (SSC). It won't be
(can't be) more efficient than the most direct way of working around
the limitation above. It might be more convenient.

In my experience work-arounds usually boil down to

<vector or matrix yielding 1s if true> :* <result if true>
<vector or matrix yielding 1s if false> :* <result if false>