st: creating 2 datasets in memory without saving and merge

From   tashi lama <ltashi32@hotmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: creating 2 datasets in memory without saving and merge
Date   Fri, 27 Apr 2012 17:00:10 +0000

Hello all,

       I will be using 2 diff databases to get my data in stata. And I need to merge those two data to use for my analysis. One obvious way is to get the data from  database 1 and save it with .dta file. Then use another database to pull data in stata memory(this is doable since my memory is clear) and use merge command. Unfortunately, this method is not good since i will have to save one dataset. Is there anyway I could pull two datasets in the memory without saving anyof the datasets? Or, what are my choices to get my intended result. Please let me know if my question is not clear.

Thanking,

Tashi