RE: st: using macros in label define

From   Barry Quinn <>
To   "" <>
Subject   RE: st: using macros in label define
Date   Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:04:19 +0100

Sorry for late reply and the "issue" phrasing.  The only issue is my poor coding knowledge :)

As you suggested i was feeding an unacceptable definition.

You suggestion works perfectly

Barry Quinn
From: [] On Behalf Of Nick Cox []
Sent: Wednesday, 25 April 2012 6:39 PM
To: ''
Subject: RE: st: using macros in label define

Jonathan's advice is incorrect. I think he is confusing variable label and value label definition.

There is no "issue" here. My guess is that you are feeding an unacceptable definition to -label define- because the " " etc. get transferred.

loc def `def' `z' "`x'"

Jonathan Cantor

Put the define object in quotes
la def type "`def'"