st: RE: create complex pie chart

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: create complex pie chart
Date   Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:59:36 +0100

-graph pie- is sui generis and going beyond what is documented will not be trivial. Note in particular that it is not connected to -twoway-.

To do what you want, you might need to spend a very long time studying the code of -graph- and working out what exactly what happens. An alternative is  to use the Graph Recorder to see the language equivalent of what the Editor does but I wouldn't guarantee that would produce general code.

Yet another alternative is not to use a pie chart, but a bar or dot chart in which these problems would not usually arise.

As the preacher says at a dicey point in the movie "Blazing Saddles",

Son, you're on your own.

tashi lama

      From what I understand and read, I could only have slice information such as sum, pie, text, variable label inside the slice. Yes, stata lets me have sum, pie or text anywhere inside the slice with its (gap(#)) option. However, if I were to draw a line outside each slice where one end of the line is pointing to the slice and other end would provide the information about the slice, I would have to use graph editor. Is there anyway I could do it programmatically or is there any documentation or lead for doing that? The reason for doing this is because the pie chart would look lot cleaner.