st: Graph with point estimates and ci

From   Richard Moverare <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Graph with point estimates and ci
Date   Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:14:10 +0200

Dear all,

I have a dataset with one variable that indicates if each observation
(person) have done a certain activity, i.e. 1 or 0. The dataset is
from a survey that is conducted several years, so I have information
for each year. For each year I want to produce a graph where I have an
estimate of the proportion who has done this activity. I would like
this to be respresented by a filled circle with lines that represent
the confidence interval of the estimae. In the same graph I would also
like to have another estimate for a subgroup, presented in the same
way. And, finally I would like to add vertical line referring to a
known percentage in the whole population, i.e. I want to compare the
survey estimates with a known proportion. Then I would like to create
similar graphs for different years and combine them.

If we are using the auto dataset and considering rep78 as years and
foreign as the activity, I could do something like this

sysuse auto
statsby _b _se, by(rep78) saving(tot, replace): proportion foreign

statsby _b _se, by(rep78) saving(subgroup, replace): proportion
foreign if subgroup==1

And then I can combine the two resulting datasets and create a graph
using -twoway scatter- with "rcap" and "horisontal xline".

However, I would like to do this while taking into account the survey
design, i.e. using -svy-. Is there some way I can do that in a similar
way, or should I take another path to get the same graph?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

All the best,
Rick