Re: st: "how close is close?" -nnmatch- and reviewer complains

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: "how close is close?" -nnmatch- and reviewer complains
Date   Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:01:48 -0400

Mirko Moro <>:
-help nnmatch- says in part:

If keep(filename) is selected, each observation of filename.dta will
hold the following variables:
 dist:  The estimated distance between observation i and its match j,
based on the varlist_nnmatch values of each and
            the selected weight matrix.

So you can characterize the distribution of distance between matches, etc.