st: Parametric survival aalysis with competing risks

From   "Paul Seed" <paul.seed@kcl.ac.uk>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Parametric survival aalysis with competing risks
Date   Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:04:30 +0100

Dear Statalist,

The -st- suite contains two commands for parametric survival analysis
regression;
and for survival analysis with competing risks (using a Cox's model):
-streg , model()-, and -stcrreg- respectively.
Is there any way of combining the two features?

I need a parametric method as I want to put the formulae into an
prediction probability calculator, and the problem really does
have competing risks.  The goal is the prediction of spontaneous
preterm labour, with Induction of labour or surgery as competing risks.

As far as I can see, -findit competing risk- does not produce
any user-written command that does this, and I can see nothing relevant
in Statalist archives.

Alternatively, is there a better way of allowing for competing risks in a
parametric model than by simply treating subjects as censored at the time of

the competing event?

Best wishes,

Paul T Seed
Division of Women's Health, King's College London
Women's Health Academic Centre KHP
020 7188 3642,