st: creating a Stata 12 business calendar

From   Francesco <>
Subject   st: creating a Stata 12 business calendar
Date   Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:38:53 +0200

Dear Statalist,

I would like to create my own business calendar, but I cannot find how
by just reading the manual...
It seems indeed that when creating a .stbcal file I can only omit
specific dates (holidays, sundays, etc).

However I would like to do the opposite : I directly have the full
list of business dates I would like to consider.. I am doing this
because I would like to easily obtain the previous  business day from
any date in my dataset (according to my calendar)
How can I tell Stata 12 to use those dates as a new business calendar
? Do you have an idea ?

Many thanks for your suggestions,