Re: st:transition from unemployment

From   Katya Galactionova <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st:transition from unemployment
Date   Sat, 21 Apr 2012 02:15:51 -0700

presumably you have some sort of a person level identifier, say:
PERSID, then what you want could be accomplished by creating dummies
for each transition scenario:

foreach s in emp olf unemp {
         by persid year, sort: gen `s'=(status[_n+1]=="`s'")
}

Note: this will work if in your base year (2002) all records are unemployed.

see more:
Cox N. "Speaking Stata: How to move step by: step." The Stata Journal
(2002). 2(1):86-102
http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=pr0004

Cheers!