Re: st: merging two datasets of long format

From   Eric Booth <>
Subject   Re: st: merging two datasets of long format
Date   Fri, 20 Apr 2012 07:53:08 -0500

Hi Raquel:

The issue is that this line:

> merge m:1 id2 id3 id4 "$directory\clean\teachers"

should be:

merge m:1 id2 id3 id4  using "$directory\clean\teachers"

When you leave out "using" it thinks the filepath is another variable in your varlist.

- Eric

Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute
Texas A&M University