RE: Re: st: Stata to Matlab

From   rzeng@wisc.edu
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   RE: Re: st: Stata to Matlab
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:15:39 +0000

I am using a 64-bit windows 7, stata 11, and Matlab 2010a, so I do not think that is the reason. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Rui

From: "Christopher Baum" <kit.baum@bc.edu>
To: "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Sent: April 19, 2012 1:05 PM
Subject: RE: Re: st: Stata to Matlab

<>
Actually, I tried stattransfer. I would say it is pretty good in dealing with data of reasonab=
le size, such as data smaller than 500m. It can still transfer data bigger =
than 1G, however, then the matlab can not read the transferred data and rep=
ort the data as corrupted. I still have not figured out why, maybe some of =
you guys know the reason, please let me know.

Are you using a 64-bit computer and operating system? You are likely to run into limits that you mention if you are working
in a 32-bit environment, in Stata, MATLAB or elsewhere.

Kit

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |   http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html
An Introduction to Stata Programming   |   http://www.stata-press.com/books/isp.html
An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata   |   http://www.stata-press.com/books/imeus.html