RE: Re: st: Stata to Matlab

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   RE: Re: st: Stata to Matlab
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:05:18 -0400

Actually, I tried stattransfer. I would say it is pretty good in dealing with data of reasonab=
le size, such as data smaller than 500m. It can still transfer data bigger =
than 1G, however, then the matlab can not read the transferred data and rep=
ort the data as corrupted. I still have not figured out why, maybe some of =
you guys know the reason, please let me know.

Are you using a 64-bit computer and operating system? You are likely to run into limits that you mention if you are working
in a 32-bit environment, in Stata, MATLAB or elsewhere.

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |
An Introduction to Stata Programming   |
An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata   |