Re: st: Question about seqlogit

Subject   Re: st: Question about seqlogit
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:30:02 +0200

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Alberto R Osella wrote:
> I'm able to find the interaction in the output but I can't find it in the
> variable window (in previous version of -seqlogit-
> I found _stdbmi_X_Etarecl_ in that window).  I need to do some operation on
> the interaction variable.

Ok, I see. This is a feature of the factor variable notation. The
interaction term is not added to your dataset, it is enough that
stdbmi and Etarecl are in your dataset and Stata knows that it also
has to include the product of the two. If you use post estimation
commands like -predict- or -margins-, Stata will know that it needs to
also add the interaction and it will do so. So, I guess that this
should cover most situations.

If you have a problem where you still require the product term to be
present in your data, you can still contact me.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie