Re: st: use of tempfile

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: use of tempfile
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:00:24 +0100

Sorry, I can't engage with this. I asked for concrete examples of what
data should look like before and after and you haven't given them, so
I can't add to what I said before. Word descriptions that make sense
to you can be really difficult for others to understand. For example,
the only variables you are talking about here are state codes, whereas
in your previous post you mentioned other variables. In fact, I (think
I) understand less than before. In your previous post you gave code
for a mapping from sales.dta to sales1.dta. Now you say that there are
36 files.

You may get better help from others on the list, but otherwise I
recommend contacting Stata tech-support. I suspect that they would
need essentially the information I have asked for and failed to
elicit.

Nick